Saturday, January 7, 2012

Report Card Revelations

Interesting!  Ron Paul just beat out Obama in the ACLU’s “report card” on civil liberties. To me, with the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) being one of the most “leftist” organizations in existence, this report card only confirms my belief that in some areas, Ron Paul is indeed left of Obama.

And no, I am not impressed with the ACLU’s interpretation of the United States Constitution. This is one of the most detrimental groups there is to our American way of life, and they have long distorted our U. S. Constitution.

Yeah, I know; Paul prides himself on adhering strictly to our Constitution; often times acting like he is the only one that believes in it. He also prides himself on his civil liberties positions. Whatever. But then, there are those newsletters, which are a very troublesome stone for Paul. Revealing a little racism? I’m afraid so.  He denied writing the articles in those letters until video came out revealing that he did indeed know about them.  He, in fact, finally admitted to writing "parts of them”.

Some new information that has recently been reported about Ron Paul’s record in Congress is especially discouraging. Out of more than 20 years of "service" to our country, he has sponsored 620 pieces of legislation. Out of that 620, only 4 possible bills have made it to a vote; and only 1 of his bills has ever passed in the House of Representatives, becoming law.  Oh my goodness!  How has this man been repeatedly re-elected?

Another “news flash” – Ron Paul doesn’t know why he is so popular among young voters, especially those on college campuses. Hmmm…do you think it could be because of his position on legalizing marijuana and other dangerous drugs?  Or maybe, it’s because of his anti-war, anti-military beliefs.  We all know the liberal trend that has continued on college campuses across our nation, especially catching fire in the tumultuous decade of the ‘60’s.  Ok, Dr. Paul, if you want to pretend that you don’t understand why you are getting high marks in polls on college campuses across America, your lack of understanding is just fine with me. But I think I get it. I think in reality, you do, too.

There is more Paul doesn’t understand, I’m afraid; culminating in his recent comment about believing he can’t win the election.  Yes, he said it; I didn’t. When a reporter asked him about what he would do if he won, he simply responded, “Well I will deal with it; that’s a risk I take.”  Something to that effect anyway; I heard it with my own ears, and even though I suspected he had this attitude, it still shocked me to hear him admit it.  He makes these kinds of comments and then he wonders why some don’t take him seriously. He wonders why voters keep saying Paul can’t win! He wonders why some believe he is only in this for the power and glory!

Then there are those like me that have long believed he is only in this contest to divide the Republican Party! I happen to believe he knows full-well what he is doing.  And I merely have to watch what he says and does to come to the conclusions I have.

Nope, I won’t give up; I feel I must help sound this alarm. I believe Paul is dividing conservatives - whether intentionally or not - and he is destroying our chance to restore America.

No comments:

Post a Comment