Saturday, October 5, 2013

Hal Lindsey Report for October 4, 2013


I am posting this letter for two reasons:
 
1. We need to know what will be happening next and we need to prepare.
2.  I love and appreciate his tribute to Pastor Chuck Smith.
 
This week's letter is definately worth reading.

 

October 4th, 2013
This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report'
Less than five years ago, the United States had a Commander-in-Chief who was an outspoken born-again, evangelical Christian. He publicly identified the Bible as his favorite book and Jesus Christ as the most important philosophical influence in his life.

Today, members of our military who are Christians are forbidden to display a Bible on their desks. They can wear their uniforms if marching in a gay-pride parade, but cannot wear their uniforms if they speak before a church congregation, or any other religious gathering.

Military chaplains are allowed to pray in the name of Jesus Christ when they are conducting services in a military chapel, but they're forbidden to use the name of Jesus when praying in public places. I wonder if that includes the battlefield?

I could spend this entire letter listing just some of the dramatic changes that have befallen our nation in the last few years - and all under the guise of "political correctness" or its legal term, "hate speech."

You may be wondering why I keep hammering on this subject. I do so because I want you to truly understand that it may be only a few short years, or less, before your pastor will be told he or she cannot preach what the Bible says about marriage or the sanctity of life or even proclaim that Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation and heaven. If he does, he'll be prosecuted and maybe even sent to prison.

You don't think that can happen in America? Well, it's already happening in Europe and, as you know, our friends on the Left want America to be just like Europe. Even worse, it's happening just north of our border in Canada.

And the insidious thing about political correctness is this: you're its prisoner before you even know it's a threat. Trust me, I wish it were not happening, but we know it will because the Bible prophets predicted it.

You and I have been entrusted by God to be His representatives on this earth at the most critical, and exciting, time in prophetic history. So lest we blow our opportunity to bring glory to God in the closing days of this Age of Grace, I want to help you prepare for what certainly lies ahead.

If you've been watching the last few editions of this Report, you know that I believe times of persecution and prosecution are just around the corner. And when they come, we, as believers, need to be ready to stand strong against the rushing tides of public opinion and public ridicule. We need to be ready to fight.

That's why I want to talk to you this week about "Combat Faith." What is "Combat Faith"? How do we get it? In view of the rapidly increasing dangers of these last days, I want to share with you the most important truth God ever showed me.

Don't miss this week's Report on TBN, Daystar, CPM Network, The Word Network, various local stations,
www.hallindsey.com or www.hischannel.com. Please check your local listings.

On a personal note, it saddens me to say "Goodbye" to my dear friend and colleague, Pastor Chuck Smith. Chuck founded the Calvary Chapel movement in Southern California and was a driving force in the Jesus Movement of the 1960's and 1970's. That's when I was active with Campus Crusade for Christ on American college campuses. Chuck's courage and vision were an inspiration to all of us who ministered to the counterculture during those tumultuous years.

Chuck had been battling cancer the last two years, but he never lost his warmth, his sense of humor, or his passion to share Jesus with anyone and everyone. When news came yesterday that he had gone home to be with Jesus, I was conflicted. My heart was broken, yet it was filled with joy that my friend's suffering was over and his eternity of happiness was just beginning.

It's always difficult to know what to say in moments like these, but I think Chuck himself said it best. Thursday's Los Angeles Times quoted him: "Someday you're going to read in the paper, 'Chuck Smith died.' That's bad reporting. What it should say is, 'Chuck Smith moved.'"

So long for now, Chuck. I know we'll see you again soon.

Maranatha!

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment